One of my friends is starting a book study. We are going to begin reading Mastering the Basic Math Facts in Addition and Subtraction next week. If you are interested in joining this book study I would contact Heidi at
Here is a link where you can grab a copy of the book.
Welcome to the Calming the Chaos Blog Hop by hosted by Kristy at 2peasandadog! A few weeks ago I finished a new unit called Scientist for a Day! I have done this in the past with my second graders and will do it again this year with my firsties. I usually do it for the last week of school, but this year I decided to begin the first week of May. My kiddos are so excited about their new science projects. Every child will chose an experiment from the packet. They will have to complete the experiment once at home and then perform the experiment in front of his/her peers in class. Answering any questions that may arise. In the years past, the kids have really enjoyed doing this, so I can't wait to hear feedback from them!
1. Silence--Everyone is asleep and in bed...just what I needed a little me time! No mommy, Mrs. Carver, or Hey Amy. Testing is over and I could not be any happier. Just praying my students performed their best. Only time will tell!
2. Loving--I am absolutely loving we only have 15 more school days, but who is counting! ME!! Oh yeah, and teacher appreciation is next week. =)
3. Thinking-- with that being said, there is so much to do this month! Field Day, Career Day, Award Programs, Teacher Appreciation, and wild kids!
4. Wanting-- My co-workers nephew has major heart and tummy issues. He is 11 months old and only weighs 10 pounds! I posted earlier tonight about his fundraiser. If you missed it, please click here. You can earn 5 things from my TpT store. Just by spreading the word.
5. Needing-- My hair is getting so sad...it needs some major work. I MUST get my hair colored and cut every 4 weeks or it's terrible. I do not consider myself old, but if I didn't color my hair....someone might think I am a grandmother that looks young. (hehe) Hello GREY!! I guess that comes with teaching and having kids?!? Not sure.
6. Summer bucket list-- Well, where do I start...I am attending a Responsive Classroom for Grades K-3. I also wanting to attend Deanna Jumps Conference in St. Louis, MO this July. I am hoping to be able to leave Memphis for a few days and hit the beach for a little sun. My doctor told me I am lacking vitamin D. So it's a great reason to go right?!? I am also wanting to create a couple of units. Not sure where to start. Any ideas???
Well, I guess that sums it up. Can't wait to blog hop! =)
I wanted to share something about a little baby I know. I know my blog is about helping students in the classroom, but I feel the need to pass this on. My co-worker, Becky, has a nephew (Louie) that has a severe heart and tummy condition. He is 11 months old and is one of God's greatest miracle. He has had countless surgeries and procedures to fix his little heart and tummy and he has proven to be a fighter. In one month he will be celebrating his first birthday and a dear friend of Becky's (Steve Denniston) has committed to swim 10,000 meters (6.15 miles) in one straight swim as his birthday gift to Louie. Steve wants to help raise $10,000.00 for Louie's overwhelming medical expenses. There is a website that has been set up to allow anyone willing to donate towards Louie's medical fundraiser from the 10,000 meter swim. Steve plans to swim 10,000 meters on June 3, 2012 in Omaha, NE. If you are interested in helping click on the picture link. Also, if you blog about Baby Louie, and pass on this information, I will in return give you 5 items from my TpT store! Just comment below and add your link in the comments. Thanks for taking the time just to read his page!